BIOBASE, A QIAGEN Company, is an exciting work environment where people are the driving force behind our products and services. We seek highly motivated professionals to join our team of talented scientific and technology experts. We offer employees an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits package.
Current Job Openings
Product Manager, Mutation & Variant Content
The Product Manager will lead the product management function for QIAGEN’s line of mutation and variant content products. The Product Manager will work closely with key opinion leaders and customers as well as internal experts and stakeholders to define, build, and drive growth of the products within the mutation and variant content portfolio.
- Define content acquisition requirements from available sources including public and private databases as well as literature curation.
- Develop the product roadmap and release plan for the products within the mutation and variant content portfolio. Prioritize development activities, monitor and resolve conflicts that arise within the portfolio as well as across other content portfolios.
- Work closely with marketing, customer and scientific support and sales to define market strategy and pricing, promote awareness and adoption of products by the market and to drive product sales.
- Present and discuss QIAGEN’s content initiatives and product offerings in conferences, webinars, user groups, blogs and other forums.
- Ph.D. in the life sciences with a genetics, genomics or medical background. Bioinformatics or medical informatics experience is a plus, particularly in the areas of human variant analysis or pharmacogenomics.
- Familiarity with ontologies, especially biomedical ontologies (MeSH, HPO, SNOMED), as well as familiarity with commonly used public mutation and variant databases (dbSNP, HGMD, PharmGKB, ClinVar).
- Informatics or related product management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently in a distributed, international environment.
- Outgoing personality, team player with strong business acumen. Aptitude and desire to work with both technical and non-technical personnel to build competitive, scientifically sound products.
Beverly, MA – USA
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.