The powerful ontology search query system, with specialized tools for gene set analysis and pathway visualization, allows scientists working with mammalian, yeast, worm and plant species to quickly find answers to questions relevant to their research. A specialized custom sequence annotation tool allows scientists working with other species to extend predictive functions to newly sequenced or otherwise uncharacterized genomes.
- Quickly access detailed reports for individual genes, miRNAs, diseases, and drugs without tedious and time consuming literature searches
- Uncover biologically relevant connections between seemingly disparate genes, diseases, and drugs
- Map functional attributes to uploaded gene or miRNA sets, filtering by the most important and relevant criteria
- Identify and rank potential therapeutic targets based on known functional characteristics
- Explore canonical pathways and build custom protein networks, overlaying known disease and drug associations
- Assign predictive functions to novel protein sequences
- Interlinked reports connecting genes, diseases, drugs, and pathways
- 275,000+ gene reports for more than 20 species that include literature curated information about disease associations, pattern of expression, mutant phenotype, pathway assignments and more
- View a sample report for Human DRD1 or Yeast MFALPHA1
- 4,000+ mature miRNA reports which integrate miRBase structural data with literature curated information about disease associations, biological roles, pattern of expression and more
- View a sample report for Human miR-125a-5p
- 2,200+ disease reports that detail disease biomarker associations, including key information regarding causality, molecular alteration, and tissue specificity, as well as clinical information integrated from ClinicalTrials.gov
- View a sample report for osteoporosis
- 4,300+ drug reports that detail drug-protein interactions and the pathways that may be affected by therapeutic intervention, including information integrated from DrugBank and ClinicalTrials.gov
- Searchable access to over 980,000 functional assignments
- A pathway visualization tool for building and exporting custom networks based on experimentally demonstrated protein-protein binding, signaling and transcriptional regulation interactions
- A custom sequence annotation tool for assigning predictive functions to novel proteins
An online subscription provides access to the PROTEOME web interface. Online subscriptions are available at the concurrent user, academic / non-profit lab, and institution-wide level. The concurrent user and academic / non-profit lab subscription levels require IP plus username/password authentication. IP only authentication is optionally available for the institution-wide subscription level.
An API download subscription allows for direct programmatic querying of PROTEOME locus, disease, drug and pathway reports in order to extract desired fields of information in XML format. An API download subscription also allows the programmatic analysis of gene sets for over-representation of biological process, molecular function and disease term assignments using either a simple Fisher test or LRpath (logistic regression) algorithm. In this way, PROTEOME data may be integrated into your own, or 3rd party, analysis pipelines and tools. However, redistribution of, or public access to/display of, the data is not allowed without prior written consent.
A relational download subscription allows for local installation of the complete PROTEOME relational database and web interface, as well as access to the command line version of the BioKnowledge Transfer tool. A local installation allows you to query and extract all fields of PROTEOME data for integration into your own, or 3rd party, analysis pipelines and tools. However redistribution of, or public access to / display of, the data is not allowed without prior written consent. Relational download subscriptions are only available at the institution-wide level. MySQL platform is supported.
- Installation Requirements (.pdf)
- Custom Queries (.pdf)
- Sample Queries (.pdf)
- Linking to BIOBASE Reports (.pdf)
- Web API Overview (.pdf)
- Web API XML tags (.pdf)
- Application Note: Exploring Diabetes with the PROTEOME™ Ontology Browser (.pdf)
- Application Note: Analysis of Newly Sequenced, Uncharacterized Genomes (.pdf)
- PROTEOME in retinoblastoma research (.pdf)
- Spring 2013.1 release statistics (.pdf)
- Overview flyer (.pdf)
- User Guide: Find a gene of interest (.pdf)
- User Guide: Find a disease of interest (.pdf)
- miRNA Feature Overview (.pdf)
Powerful search and analysis tool that allows you to easily answer complex biological questions using the wealth of annotated information within the BKL.
>> Watch video
The BioKnowledge Transfer (BKT) tool is used to assign predictive functions to uncharacterized proteins.
>> Watch video
Search and API
Find reports that pertain to genes or proteins, diseases, pathways and drugs.
>> Watch video